With latest news comes latest opinions, and having already ranted about the situation surrounding Katie the Star Wars Girl, I feel it is my solemn obligation to do so once again.
Let’s start with the news. This is what inspired me to write another post:
And Katie is learning how to reach out to help other children in the same way that she has been helped. A mother named Emily called to tell me that her first grade son was recently teased for bringing My Little Pony for show and tell. She said he was terribly upset by the incident, and when I told Katie about it, she called to leave a message for the child.
She said, “I am Katie. I like Star Wars, and you like My Little Pony. I know other boys who like to play with My Little Pony, and it’s great, and umm, May the Pony Be With You!” she finished proudly.
–verb (used with object)
6.to act the bully toward; intimidate; domineer.
tease1.to irritate or provoke with persistent petty distractions, trifling raillery, or other annoyance, often in sport.6.to provoke or disturb a person or animal by importunity or persistent petty annoyances.
- Seven Year Old Katie Goldman Teased, Bullied For Liking Star Wars (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Katie Victorious! (biobreak.wordpress.com)
- Social networks come to the aid of bullied 7 year-old girl (ghacks.net)
- Bullying Part of Life for Kids With Asthma – ABC News (debateopinion.wordpress.com)
- “7-year-old becomes web sensation over Star Wars drink bottle” and related posts (windows7forums.com)
- Types of Bullying- teasing (readinghelponline.wordpress.com)
- Geek Girl Community Defends 1st Grader Being Bullied for Liking ‘Star Wars’ (moviefone.com)